Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dr's Appointment

I had my first Dr's appointment on Thursday. She said everything looks good, and I'm definitely pregnant. The 'official' due date is March 23, 2009. However, those of you who know me are aware that I have yet to reach any of my due dates! I expect this baby to be born near the beginning of March myself. My due date with Corbin was July 4, but I always maintained that he would be born mid-June...his birthday is June 17. So, we'll see if I'm right again with this one.

I have already gained a few pounds..uuugghh!..I tried so hard to lose weight this spring! Oh well, that's the nature of pregnancy. :) My clothes no longer fit. Karl gave me some money to go buy some 'in-between' clothes to wear until I can fit into maternity clothes. I have a feeling it won't be long. These 'in-between' clothes are more snug already! I think in a few more weeks it will be maternity all the way. It's been earlier with each pregnancy...my body just remembers, I guess.

We're getting very excited about the purchase of our new house. We can hardly wait until the closing...it seems so far away! I'm hoping the weeks will pass quickly and it will be here before we know it. I can't wait to have all the space in the kitchen. I love to cook and bake, and growing up our kitchen was always a gathering place to cook, eat, and talk. Our (Karl and I) kitchens have always been so small that we've told the kids to go out because there wasn't enough room. We have let them help some, but now there will be more than enough room for ALL of them to be in there if they want to. I'm especially happy with the island in the middle of the kitchen. It seems like the perfect spot for kneading bread dough...yes, I've begun making my own bread...rolling out cookies and pie shells, pizza crusts, etc. I've managed to do this in our previous kitchens, but I believe it will be so much better and I'll have plenty of 'elbow room'. We are also thrilled with the prospect of a finished basement. I overheard Hailey telling a friend recently (we were visiting their home and they have a finished basement) that we don't have a finished basement and it's all spiderweb-by. I had to laugh...it is, and no one really likes to spend much time down there! We go down to do laundry and that's it. Now, we will have our school books in the basement, as well as most toys. We''ll head down there each day during school time. We may even put some furniture down there if we decide to buy new. What we have is about 9.5 years old. It could last us a while, and might, but we may also just move it downstairs and get something new for the upstairs. We still have to decide on that. We may eventually have a T.V. down there and our video game equipment, but right now we only have one T.V. so that will be upstairs in the family room. We are talking about having the cats stay in the basement, as well. We will be down there every day for a lengthy amount of time, so they should still get lots of attention. That way, any cat hair (Simone sheds terribly) will only be down there and easier to vacuum up, and the cat box can be down there and out of sight/smell! There's a separate room where we could place the litter box and their food. We're so happy we were blessed with this opportunity..and it seems like such a great fit.

Karl took Logan and Hailey out bike riding on the canal path today...around 11:30 I think. I took Corbin with me to the grocery store and to pick up a b'day gift for a party they have to attend tomorrow. We came back, ate lunch, and they are still not back. He was planning to stop and have lunch with them in Fairport, then head home. Karl just called and they are now in Bushnell's Basin, which is about 5 miles away by car. They're just now heading home, and it's 3:04. I think I know some kids who will sleep hard tonight! But I know they have had a great time with their dad, and that's definitely worth it.:)

We have not heard anything about our Florida home...we're praying that means there was no damage from Fay. We plan to call the renters this weekend just to check on the house. If any of you can give me any information about how the Ripley Terrace area is doing in NE Palm Bay, that would be great. Just send a quick email. Thanks!

Well, I don't have any more news. I really am gonna try to post more often...I should be getting a bit more energy back soon. Maybe once the Olympics are over, I'll only be tired from being pregnant and not from that combined with too many late nights! Ya'll have a great weekend. :)

No comments: