Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Catching Up...

It has been a while since I've written anything, so I thought I would try to catch up a bit.

I took Emma to the doctor last week and the doctor says she's doing great. She got all her first shots...which she did NOT like....her weight was 11 lbs. 3 oz., her height 24.5 inches. Her doctor says she is in the 100th percentile for height, 75th for weight. Another tall and skinny girl....;)

The older 2 kids had SAT's last week, so we did a lot of running to and fro. I had a dentist appointment which I ended up splitting into two days due to needing to pick up the kids from their testing site. That was interesting.....never had to leave an appointment in the middle like that. Thankfully, the hygienist and receptionist were both very accommodating and got me back in the next morning. So now I have nice clean teeth, but I do have to go back to have a crown (actually 2) placed, something I knew would have to happen eventually. I am dreading that...not a fan of dental work!

Logan and Karl went tonight to a baseball game...in New York City. Our realtor offered 2 complimentary tickets to us for a game between the New York Mets and the Atlanta Braves. I was unable to go because we really wouldn't want to ask people here to keep our 3 children overnight (that's a lot to ask!), plus I do have the baby...didn't think she would be too pleased with a baseball game and a crowded subway. So, Karl took Logan with him. I'm sure he will post much more about all that happened, along with some pictures. But after speaking with them both, it sounds as if they had some interesting experiences. :} Logan was very excited to be able to visit Times Square before the game!

Karl's parents just left early this morning after a long weekend here. It was the first time they were able to see Emma and their first visit since we moved here in 2007. It was nice to show them around a bit; give them a little taste of spring in Rochester. It's been beautiful here...weather has been sunny, at least some, and the temps have been in the 60's mostly. We took them to the Lilac Festival, which is kind of a big thing here I guess. Karl's dad took a ride along the Erie Canal on Karl's bike, and I think he enjoyed that. His mom spent a lot of time outside with the kids, and I know they all really liked that. We also took them to several of our favorite restaurants while they were here, so many that they probably believe all we ever do is go out to eat! We really don't go as often as we did while they were here, but wanted them to experience some of the new flavors we've found. I'm glad we got to spend the weekend with family. It was really nice to see them and to let the kids spend some quality time with their grandparents.

I've been busy with the baby, but am still working on finding curriculum for the next school year. I plan to take a good look around at the used curriculum sale our home school group is having this month. I know there will be a large selection of books. I will also be selling some things, but Karl is going to help me this year so I should still have plenty of time to look around and buy some things if I need to. I'm still hoping to combine as much as possible with all the kids...we'll see what I can find.

We have one more week of bowling before the session is over. After that we will just go occasionally as a family. We might participate again in the fall, but I would really rather go during a time when I can bowl too. Then I would know how everyone did and would be able to give the kids pointers as needed. However, they may be better than I am at this point....as it is, I've been split between the two groups (bumpers and big kids) so I haven't really been very helpful or very well-informed! I think they've all had fun though, which was the point.

Well, it is getting late. I should head upstairs to get some sleep. I've been staying up too late and getting up earlier than usual. I need to keep getting up early, but obviously will need to get to bed a bit earlier if I'm going to get the rest I need. So, good night everyone, rest easy.

1 comment:

really.truly said...

Hey there! I came over from Stacy's blog...Won't it be great when all the curriculum choices are made..phew!

Glad Emma is doing well. And the baseball trip sounds fantastic..my boys would have gone crazy over that! Hope you are well :)