Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On vacation

Tomorrow marks the beginning of our vacation...well, the kids and me. Karl has to be in Miami at the end of the week, so he won't be going with us. If he didn't have to go down there for meetings he could travel with us and work from my mom's. Oh well, maybe another time.

We'll be leaving sometime tomorrow, and only traveling half way. I've driven the entire trip before but it's been a few years since I've done it alone, so I thought I would ease back into it. We'll spend the night in a hotel, then travel the last 5 hours on Thursday morning...should get to my parents' house by early afternoon. We planned this trip to coordinate with the school's spring break there. That way we can see all the cousins and not have to worry with when school is out. Hopefully, it will be nice and warm. The kids are hoping to swim in my aunt's pool, but I'm afraid they may have to wait until next time (this summer). I know I don't plan to get in. Even if the weather is warm, I really doubt the water will be warm enough for us! In any case, we're really looking forward to seeing everyone. It's only been since Christmas, but it will be great to spend some time with family again so soon.

Once we return from AL, I have my next OB appointment and the older two kids will begin their yearly testing. There's a possibility we'll make our trip to NY in May but we really don't know at this point. And in June, our long-awaited trip to Blue Ridge, GA to stay at the cabin again for a week. We haven't been during the summer since 2007 and we've longed to go again. Corbin wanted to go during his birthday week and it just so happens that it worked out for us to go then. We're really looking forward to hiking, tubing, cooking out, and just enjoying the 'country life' in general. Lazy summer days....oh, I can't wait!

I won't be blogging or doing much else via the Internet...maybe Facebook and email since I can access those on my phone. So, I'll have to post an update and catch up on everyone else's blogs once we have settled back in. Until then.....

No comments: