Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, April 23, 2010

A second visit to the OB

I had my second appointment with the OB today, along with the early glucose test I mentioned a few weeks ago. I won't get the results until Monday or Tuesday, but I'll post here once I know something. I didn't feel as if my sugar went 'high' after I had the drink, but who knows? I'm praying the numbers will be good and that I don't have Gestational Diabetes.

Something else (good news) my doctor told me is that my blood work showed I am negative for antibodies....which was supposedly the problem with Emma's jaundice(because they were attacking her blood cells) as a newborn and was why she was re-admitted to the hospital. So, for now, that's good news for this baby. However, it is confusing to me...if that wasn't the problem then what was it? I have been referred to a perinatologist because I'm considered a 'high risk pregnancy' at this point....too many things going on....shoulder dystosia with Corbin, two previous pre-term births, gestational diabetes with Emma, etc. So, they're going to have me go in and have an ultrasound there as well as a consult with that doctor. I'm hoping he can explain to me more about the Coombs Positive with Emma but having no antibodies now.....I did have another ultrasound today (I think it must be a regular thing at that office) and got to see our baby with his/her arm waving and a strong little heartbeat. ;)

No comments: