Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Quick Update

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail right now about our trip...I'll need to do that when I'm home and I can organize my thoughts better. :) However, I just wanted to pop in and say things have been going well. We had a great time with Wayland, Melissa, Marshall, Dustin, and Annie while in California. I feel like I know them all a bit better, and we really enjoyed our time there. Our time in the RV has been interesting...we've seen lots of beautiful scenery, and spent some good time with Mom and Dad. Even with as much time as my kids have spent with their Nana and Paw Paw over the years, it's been nice to see the bonds becoming tighter between them on this trip. I'm so glad we've had the chance to do this. It's been close quarters because, though a 21' RV sleeps 6, it's not easy to live and carry enough 'stuff' for 6 without being a bit crowded. I think we've all managed pretty well in spite of the challenges. :)

I have to say, though, that I never want to spend this much time away from Karl again. We haven't been apart this long since he went to boot camp, before we got married! I really didn't know it would end up being this length of time...I've missed him so much and have seen many things I'd have liked to share with him. Hopefully the pictures I've taken will capture the moments enough for him. I'll be glad when we get home and I can give him a big hug and kiss, and have him by my side each night.

I''ll post some pictures when we get home. For now, take care, and check back over the weekend.

No comments: