Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, June 23, 2008

Traveling to California

When we left for California, Karl was also leaving for Spain. It worked out really well, because we were able to go to the airport together, and he saw us to the gate. We hired a car to take us there, because it was cheaper to do this than pay for our car to sit in the airport parking lot. (though Harris paid the bill anyway) Our flights went well, and were on time. I was a bit concerned about missing a flight due to our last experience, but that didn't happen. I could just see myself running through the airport, carrying Corbin and two carry-on bags, with the other two running, and lagging, behind with their own bags....not a nice thing to contemplate!:) I'm so glad God knows what I can handle, and didn't make me go through that.

We took lots of drawing and reading material, so the kids were able to entertain themselves in the airports and on the flights. Everyone was very helpful, as far as helping me find my seats, etc. Only one lady got mad at us on the last flight...Corbin was kicking her seat (accidentally while shifting around trying to get comfy; it was past his bedtime) and she wanted me to switch places with him. When I refused to do so, she gave me a dirty look...but I didn't let her intimidate me! ;) And, as soon as he got his drink of water, he was asleep and no longer a problem for her. We arrived in California very tired and travel-worn, but it was a good day. The kids were great, behaving well and getting along. We got settled into the camper right away, and went to sleep. We had a big day coming up playing with cousins!

No comments: