Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Looking ahead to 2009...

Well, we're a few days into the New Year now, and I've been considering what my goals might be for the year. I don't normally make 'resolutions' but I do think it's good to look ahead and try to plan out what might be some realistic goals to meet; what I want to accomplish in the months to come. So here are a few things I'm looking at for our family:

Educational goals
  • begin phonics instruction with Corbin
  • continue to work on Hailey's reading (improvement)
  • make sure Logan begins learning to write a paper (essay)
  • continue to educate myself about homeschooling, and anything else I have an interest in
  • (Karl) continue in classes for Masters....to be completed by March 2010

Spiritual Goals

  • continue to improve my own relationship with the Lord...through Bible reading, church attendance, prayer, and praise
  • do more Bible study/devotions with the kids apart from our school time
  • continue to read the Bible with Karl to improve our marriage relationship in the Lord

Physical Goals

  • make necessary dietary changes to continue with a healthy pregnancy
  • eat healthfully and begin anew an exercise routine to lose the 'baby weight' after the birth
  • find fun ways to get the whole family outside and moving...such as wrestling classes, swim lessons, soccer, baseball, etC.

These are just a few of the things I want to accomplish in 2009...there are many things that need to be done. I thought the above were the most important in each area. I plan to look at this list often to remind myself of where we need to be heading.

What are your goals for the year?

No comments: