Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Pregnancy Update...

I visited the OB yet again today. The Dr. I saw today is probably my favorite. She's great; very enthusiastic and personable. Not like some of the others who are nice enough but not that friendly. She said my Blood Glucose Levels look great and the baby's heart rate is perfect. I have to say, the heart beat was the strongest I've heard it yet. She also said I'm measuring right at 33 weeks, which is about where I am now. That's a good thing...it means so far the baby doesn't seem to be too big. However, when I go back in two weeks they are going to do another ultrasound to check the size. We want to be on the safe side, and though the ultrasound is not completely accurate at this stage, it will give us a good feel for the size of the baby. Then we can think about what type of delivery I should have...we'll need to decide around then. If I have not gone into labor on my own and if they have not induced labor for any other reason, I will have a third ultrasound when I am 37 weeks along to check the size again. Corbin's (at 38 weeks) showed him at 8.5 lbs. I ended up going into labor that night, so did not get the results for a couple of weeks...but he actually weighed a pound more at 9.5 lbs. They (and I) do not want to let this baby get that big if possible. We talked about the possibility of a c-section today. The doctor, at this point, is not completely convinced it is going to be necessary. I think she is leaning that way, though. If the baby is large it is the better option...for mom and baby. So we will have more information in a couple of weeks and can make a better decision. In any case, we are only about 5 weeks from having the baby if not sooner. In some ways that's forever, and in others it's way too soon! We still have lots of things to do/get before her arrival. AAAGGGHHHH!! You'd think I'd be ready, but no....I've procrastinated. :(

The main things are a car seat/stroller and cradle sheets. I think we have pretty much everything else we'll need at the very beginning. We'll have time to go out shopping for other things once she's here. Oh, and a NAME!! We still don't have one that we both like. I'll ask for opinions here. This is what either Karl or myself have come up with so far:
  • Emma Grace
  • Sophia Rose
  • Elliana
  • Zoe
  • Chloe
  • Kendall
  • Jasmine
  • Isabella

Tell me what you think. We may not go with any of these, but it would be nice to have opinions other than our own. Also, if any of you family members have suggestions for family names that would be great. I would like it to be from mine, simply because we already used Karl from Karl's side, but we will of course consider names from either side of the family! :)

That's it for now...

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I clicked on your link from a LEAH message I got this afternoon. My daughter is pregnant and, this being my first grandchild,I am in full baby mode. I am still homeschooling my 11 year old twin sons though, so being a grandmother was not on my radar! But God knows what he is doing. My daughter, who is named Emily Grace BTW, is thinking about Chloe as a name for a girl. Your name list is lovely as well...very sweet sounding.I think I'll tell Em about your blog so she can kind of journey with you. She is 23 weeks so a little further from the finish line than you!

I too have a couple of blogspot blogs...my own ministry I guess.It is a wonderful thing to do isn't it?

Blesings and Peace to You and Yours