We did have some yummy snacks, and I am qualified to review those...here is our menu:
- Hot wings...homemade...delicious
- Veggie plate, including celery, carrots, green onions, broccoli, and cucumbers....nutritious and tasty
- Italian bread with Spinach dip...wonderful
- Cheddar Popcorn...Logan's pick, but addicting to us all
- Root Beer for the kids and Karl and Coca-Cola for me (I had only one and included it in my carbs for the day...haven't had any in a month...as a result my blood sugar did not rise any higher than it has been, so that was a great thing!)
- Cheesecake....scrumptious....we all had some except Logan, who opted to have an entire root beer for himself and forgo dessert.
Wish we could have shared the evening and snacks with friends and family...but we had a great time with just the five of us.
Looking forward to getting back into our school groove tomorrow. We have to finish the unit we are in, work on some writing projects, and finish reading about cigarettes and respiratory health. My 2nd round of quarterly reports is due on Friday for Logan and Hailey so I have to mail those this week. I have them ready, just have to print and mail.
Today was a warmer day...up to about 41 degrees today. Even though I know we have several more weeks of cold weather and snow, I am getting excited about the arrival of spring. It will still be chilly and we will still be in jeans and long sleeves, but just to be able to go out and enjoy a day on the canal trail will be wonderful! I haven't been able to do much that is physical due to the pregnancy...no sledding, and not much walking for fear of slipping on the ice. I do get plenty of exercise doing housework, but it's just not the same. When we got home from church, and lunch, today we could hear the runoff from the melting snow in all the gutters. It was a welcome sound...it won't last I know....but it was still a reminder that warm weather and green grass is not too far away. Karl and I were both excited to hear it.
I'm sitting here, typing this now, thinking of doing more research on home school curricula. I think I may have it narrowed down to what/how we'll do it next year, but I do need to read some more. I enjoy researching anyway, so I guess that's where I'm headed next...the World Wide Web. I hope all is well with everyone. I'll be back on again soon.