Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 20, 2009

Not long now...I hope

I visited the OB again today, my weekly visit. She let me ask any questions I had, which is always nice. One thing I was wondering about was whether or not they would be doing an ultrasound at 37 weeks as they indicated about 3 weeks ago. She said she thought that would be a good idea, just to see how the baby is progressing. After examining me she said I am now dilated 2cm...last week I was not at all, so that's actually good news. I realize I could walk around in that state for a couple of weeks, with no further progress, but I'm hoping not. Now that we've made it to our goal date, I'm ready to meet baby girl.

I have a feeling the doctor doesn't really expect to see me back in the office before I deliver, though she did not actually say that. I think that is the case because she made my next appointment for 10 days out. I'm supposed to be in the office 1x per week at this point, so....
Plus, when I scheduled my appointment with the receptionist, as she handed me my appointment card she said, "So maybe we won't see you." I took that to mean she thought the same as me, that the Dr. did not expect me to be back in the office before delivery. I could be completely wrong, but that's where I'm at right now. We're just waiting for something to happen at this point. So, we will call and email those of you we can, as soon as we can, once we have been admitted to the hospital. As per my history, many of those notifications may occur after the actual delivery!

I called my mom this morning to update her on what the doctor said. She informed me that they are leaving tomorrow morning to come up here and stay until, and after, the delivery. They had already decided to leave tomorrow anyway, but I'm glad they are heading up now. They should be able to make it here to stay with the kids when I go into labor. But who knows what God has in store? It will be nice to have them here to help out and just to spend some family time, and for them to get to know baby girl.

1 comment:

twofinches said...

Hey...you are still hanging in I see! I have been visiting in Nova Scotia with my daughter so I finally got to a wi fi place to check my favorite blogs and to do a post on each of mine.

I've been thinking about you!