Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Birthday Festivities...

Here are some photos we took on the kids' birthdays. They requested to make their own cakes this year, so I was just on hand to supervise and explain anything they did not understand. I have to admit, I was hardly needed!

Logan's cake had a 'crater because we did not think to level it with a knife before icing. He iced the cake, while I applied the letters...hence the SUPER Logan...I was in a silly mood. ;)














Hailey did her cake all on her own, coming up with the special designs and everything. I thought it was very creative. Hers turned out to be perfectly level, so we did not have to do anything special to it before icing it.




Thanks to everyone who called and sent gifts on their birthdays. It was extra special to hear from family in those ways.
Hailey has gotten somewhat into dolls within the last year. She had asked for an American Girl doll for Christmas...we ended up getting her a 'just like you' doll for her birthday. I think she was very excited.

No comments: