Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Not too much to report...

There's not a whole lot to report, at least as far as baby news goes. We're still just waiting for her to decide when she's ready to arrive. I have had some sporadic 'real' contractions over the last few days, but nothing regular.

My parents arrived late Sunday afternoon, after driving all day and night Saturday and Sunday. They never stopped except to eat or at a rest area. I guess they are almost as anxious as I am! They brought some clothes for the baby with them that my sister-in-law sent for me...thanks so much Melissa!! I went through everything on Sunday evening, separating them all by size. Karl took them up to the baby's room for me...I intended to get them put away some time this week. However, I woke up at 3 a.m. Monday morning and could not get back to sleep, so at 4 a.m. got up and put all the clothes away. Then, I read a while. By 5:20 a.m. I thought I should at least try to go back to sleep. Fortunately for all of us I was successful and slept until about 7:30 a.m.

We've spent the last couple of days just hanging out, talking about what's going on with the family, etc. It's nice to have Mom and Dad here, for all of us. Corbin and Paw Paw have played checkers each day...their new routine now, I'm guessing. And the kids have all enjoyed having new ears around to listen to their stories and comments. ;) They have also had a great time getting reacquainted with Jessie, my parents' dog.

We decided not to go to bowling yesterday...so no new scores to report. We have 5 weeks left in the session, so I'm sure we'll make it to at least a few more.

That's about it. I'll be back on when there is something of more interest to speak about.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh these days of waiting are so hard aren't they? Wanting the baby to arrive so the adventure can begin for real...feeling like a Christmas morning that seems never to arrive!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love that image! It is like a long-awaited package that I've been longing to open. I want to see my baby, so I can explore what I've been given in this gift of life...so precious...blue eyes? brown skin? hair or no? I'm looking so forward to the day I can pull on the bow, open the box, and lift my bundle in my arms...