Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recent goings on...

We celebrated Valentine's Day as a family with heart-shaped pancakes on Saturday morning, and just ran errands that day...groceries, etc. Actually, Karl did that for me...such a sweetie!

Sunday we went to church and then out to a new restaurant (well, new to the kids and me) DiBella's. It is an excellent Italian sub shop. The kids and I all agree that it's probably the best sub sandwhich we've ever had...Corbin says, "It's the best thing I ever ate incept (he means except) a corndog!"

Afterwards we had some other groceries and gas to get from BJ's, made a run into Target and Old Navy to look for maternity things (all my stuff is getting too small!), and then took the family out to Cold Stone Creamery. We had some coupons I was given from the owner...I worked with her teaching a class at our home school co-op in the fall and she gave me these coupons for free ice cream as a thank you gift. We finally got around to using them...I have to say it was very busy in the shop for a cold, winter day! And my coffee ice cream with a peanut butter cup mix-in hit the spot...yum!

Sunday evening I finally got the cradle ready for the baby, putting on the sheet, sheet saver, and bumper. I also placed our wedge in there and a quilt my mom made for Hailey. Now all we need is the baby!

On Monday the neighbors were able to come over and play. They are out of school for the week for winter break...so they had all already been outside playing for a while. Our kids have asked for them to come inside before but they haven't been able to due to various school assignments, activities, etc. So they were all thrilled that it was finally happening. They had fun showing the kids their rooms, tinkering on the piano, and playing downstaris with the dart guns Roy and Jane got our kids for Christmas.

We've stuck around home this week for the most part, trying to get some school work done. We did get out yesterday to go to the home school bowling session. The kids are still enjoying it. Logan came home with the highest score amongst our 3 this tme...72 points.

That's really all there is for this week. I go to the doctor again on Friday, so I'll do another update then to let you all know what's going on. We have a current picture of me (yikes!) that we're going to post soon, so you can all get a look at how I look right now. We better do it soon, before baby arrives!

No comments: