Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Change....

I am the first one to admit that I have had a hard time, over the course of my life, with change. I have always been one who likes routine, has the 'need to know', and does NOT like it when plans fall through, etc. Being married, having children, and just living life in general have all taught me to loosen up a little. I still have MUCH to accomplish in that area, but I'm thankful that God has helped me to see that things don't have to be 'just so'. Over the last 5 years we have moved 5 times....that is some change! We've had another baby and are expecting yet another....both big adjustments for the family. Though we have struggles at times through it all, I am excited about what is happening in our lives. God has used and IS using our circumstances to grow us, to strengthen us....even when we may question how any of this can do that, He knows. He has a plan for us....I can't wait to discover the next step, to see where He wants to take us. Right now, we know it's Miami....nothing else is clear. I am content with that, at least for now. There have been times and I'm sure there will be more, where I will be frustrated or angry or just plain weary, but He is always my strength. He gets me through.....I am still learning to trust in the process from the beginning. Though we were all sad to leave our home and friends in NY, now that the details are coming together and the closing draws near, I am getting very excited about our move. We've kind of been in a holding pattern here. Nothing has kept us from getting involved really, except our reluctance to do so....due to various trips out of town and the feeling that we don't want to say good-bye again.....that keeps one from wanting to get too connected. But once we move, we should be there for a while. We don't think we'll stay...it's not a 'forever home' but home until He moves us on. I'm looking forward to finding a church...there are several good options, just asking that God directs us to His place for us. We're also seeking to get involved with some sort of group through the church so we can meet people, make friends, ideally find some Christian mentors...that's been sorely lacking over the last several years. We've met lots of wonderful Christian people, so don't get me wrong, but no one that we really got close to that we felt we could go to and learn from, get advice, seek Godly counsel....we need that. So please, keep us in prayer, that the Lord will lead us in all these things. We want to make Him central to everything, and it's often a struggle as many of you know. Looking forward with anticipation to what is to come.....

1 comment:

really.truly said...

I understand....sort of in the same place(as you know) :)

Praying that He will continue to direct you and determine your steps. It's been so nice to be able to follow along with you. I'm excited for your move for YOU!! Wow, girl....you have had a lot of changes in a short time!!

BTW-I have not felt like really getting connected here, in our new area...maybe we will move again too. Only He knows :)