Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rejoicing...

I have to share my joy. It seems that watching my diet has paid off at the doctor's office. I had my regular glucose test on Thursday of last week....I was 26 weeks and that's about when they normally test for Gestational Diabetes. I called for the results today and was informed that my numbers were 'normal'. Yay! I'm so glad that the test was not positive. I plan to continue following the 'diet' they have me on.....I do have some things occasionally that I shouldn't as far as sugar content is concerned, but it really doesn't have a negative effect since I'm eating right the majority of the time. I'm so thrilled...and thanks so much to all of you who have kept me in your prayers and sent encouraging words my way. It means so much. ;) Now, we just wait until my 35 week checkup when they'll do another ultrasound and check the size of the baby. At that point, we will need to decided whether we're going to have a natural birthing experience again or a c-section. I'm praying things will progress in a manner that is conducive to the former rather than the latter. Despite the extreme discomfort, I think I would much rather go with what I know than with what I don't! So I'm asking for prayers again, that God will continue to have His hands on this baby and help her to grow at the perfect rate for her.....and that we can have a birth that does not require surgery. Thanks so much to all of you.

No comments: