Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Beach Day...for some

Today is a beach day...at least for some of us. There was one who did not want to go, and that got me out of the mood to go, so I stayed home with Emma and 'the one'. We have gone through baby clothes to get ready for the new little one, found some much-needed hangers that were on the shelf in Emma's closet, washed a load of laundry, and packed some things in a box that don't belong to us and need to go back to the owner. Right now Emma is having a snack (me too!), then we'll play some...maybe out in her pool, we'll see. It is still very hot here, but I can feel a hint of a cool down. Instead of 96 every day it's been about 91. I know that isn't a whole lot but it actually makes a difference. It hasn't been as miserable to be pregnant during an entire Florida summer as I expected...maybe because I've been inside a lot.....but I am looking forward to the milder temperatures that are on our way. It's all down hill from here..yay!

My due date is October 26...I'm a bit over 31 weeks right now. Officially I have about 8.5 weeks left, but if I stay with my usual pattern I don't have more than 6.5 weeks....I've never made it past 38 weeks and that was only once. So we'll see what God has planned for this one. Honesty, sooner rather than later is better for me. Obviously I want the baby to make it to a good gestational age but once that happens I am ready....I love being pregnant, but it does get difficult to move around. I'm freezing everybody out of the house...they are always wrapped up in blankets around here. You would think we were still in NY! I have difficulty reaching my feet or even seeing past my belly to my feet! But it's all good....it's been a great pregnancy. I really could not have asked for anything better. We're just waiting until I get to my 35 week visit to have another ultrasound, the we'll have to begin making some decisions. My prayer is still that the baby will be a 'normal' size, not too large, and that she will make an appearance on her own before the 38 week mark. Once we get there is is MUCH more likely that we will have a c-section. I know many, many people do that and things go fine, I'm just nervous about it since I've never done that. There are pros and cons about each scenario....God will be there either way so I know I'm covered. ;) As always, prayers for us are coveted.

No comments: