Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A fun pic

The two middle kids have been planning ever since last Sunday to make 'silly' hats and wear them to church for the 'silly hat' contest taking place this weekend during the Back to School Blast going on during the services. Here is a picture of the results from their work with Daddy.

When we got to church we did not see any other children with hats on their heads...besides a boy or two in a baseball cap. Our two quickly removed their hats...embarrassed, I think. It turns out Hailey misunderstood, and we never checked her info.The silly hat contest was for the teachers....but, everyone liked their hats, and Hailey said the kids and teachers kept wanting a demonstration of how hers works. So, they had fun anyway. I guess next time we'll know to call the church or check online before gathering supplies for hat-making.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, those hats are wonderful! I think we've all had those kind of misunderstandings...I understood that my nephew's birthday party was a costume party for both parents and children...but no. My husband and I dressed as royalty, but all other adults were in regular clothes. Luckily, my husband was just wearing a Burger King crown, which he could take off, but I had a long bridesmaid's gown, my hair up, and one of the girls' tiaras. :) We miss you all!