Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby's Heartbeat

We went to the doctor on Friday...yes, all of us! Logan and Hailey sat in the lobby reading and drawing while I took Corbin back with me( I just wasn't convinced he would behave without my supervision). Karl came a few minutes later...he knew it was the day they would listen for the FIRST time for the heartbeat, so he joined us. What a sweetie! She found it easily enough, then lost it. Then, she heard two heartbeats...but said one was mine. :) We did hear the baby's heart beating very strongly and clearly, and the doctor said it sounds good. So, everything is progressing well so far. Corbin was happy to share in the excitement with us, and all the kids behaved very well. Now I don't have to worry so much about finding childcare for them just so I can go to the doctor...they actually know how to conduct themselves. Yeah!

I am feeling better these days. I'm still tired sometimes, and occasionally nauseous, but I think the worst has passed. Now, I'm into my second trimester and the supposed 'glory days'. We'll see...I'm trying to watch my diet more carefully, making sure I make healthy choices. The doctor says to avoid eating too many carbohydrates and gaining too much weight... in order to try to avoid the birthing issues we experienced with Corbin. Shoulder Dystocia resulted in a traumatic birth and we really don't want to go through that again if we can help it! I'm also hoping to get back to the gym 3 days a week now that I have some energy back...to help stay in shape and to aid in avoiding excessive weight gain...I gained a LOT with the other 3 kids...I'm aiming for the recommended weight gain this time..about 30 pounds. Plus, it should be easier to lose the baby weight after the birth if I'm in good shape. Don't worry...I'm doing all of this with the doctors' approval and supervision...everything is fine.

That's about it for today...it's about bed time for me. I'll post again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog on the HOD website and have loved reading it! Thanks for sharing,it's fun to see how another homeschooler does things. Thanks for sharing about the recipes on Cindy's site. Yum!!

Courtney said...

How fun! Isn't hearing the heartbeat great?
Glad to hear that you are feeling better now. I didn't actually start throwing up until the 2nd trimester...yuck.