Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Change can mean success....

John Maxwell has been speaking at our church for the last three weekends. His message on Sunday was about growth and changes, etc. One thing I had already decided to do on Sundays was get up earlier....and earlier...until I found a good time that allows us all to be ready and not rushed out the door. I wanted to get to church and drop the kids off before the service starts. I think I've found it....6:15 a.m. After hearing the message, I decided to continue getting up at that time during the week, and to make sure the kids are up earlier, so we could get a better start to our days. It is only Wednesday morning, but I already feel so much better about our week! I have not felt nearly as overwhelmed by all there is to do. I actually had both little ones fed, as well as myself, by 8 this morning. I was able to start a load of laundry and wash the dishes before calmly leaving to drop the kids off at their sports class. We didn't have any yelling to "hurry up" or stressing out because we were late. It was so nice. Who knew what just one little change could do? I encourage you to listen to the message if you have time. Maybe you need to make a change, too.

No comments: