Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hoping for a re-connection with family....

I have an aunt and uncle on my dad's side whom I have not had contact with in several years. They've been in many different places in the country. Last time they left no forwarding address, no phone number, no way to find them. There were words spoken that hurt feelings, made them angry, and so we have things....unsaid. It hurts my heart. I would like to speak with them again, know them, visit. I keep hoping that they will call my parents...I think my uncle did one time but he left no number still, didn't say where they are. Things have happened, I don't even know if they are aware, and my heart still aches for them, for that missing link in our family.

She helped plan my wedding, she watched me dream over dresses, she made my prom gowns along with my mom, she made a quilt for my 3rd-born that he still sleeps with at the age of 7.

He helped build my parents' home, they went on some trips together, it was the way family should be. I miss them, and I think my parents do too even though they don't talk about it.

I have been praying that they will forgive, that they will find their way somehow back to us....a letter, a message, a phone call. If I could I would write a letter...to explain, to ask for forgiveness for my part, just to tell them that I want them in our lives. Will you pray with me that we can have reconciliation?

No comments: