Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Missing the beauty of New York

A friend who lives in the town we were in while we lived in New York was talking about the daffodils in her yard that are starting to 'sprout' up. This comment reminded me of the tulips that are so prevalent there in the spring, and made me miss our time in New York. The brisk weather, the beautiful flowers and the intoxicating scent of them, the new lambs in the fields and their shorn mamas, sugaring (which we never got to experience!), the return of the geese.....aaahhhhh, good times. I also miss the beautiful winter scenery...the white snow on bare branches, the way the snow falls so fast, the accumulation of it on the ground, throwing snowballs, sledding. Just got me thinking, and missing......

2 comments:

really.truly said...

I know what you are saying...and the canal. I miss the canal and Fingerlakes Coffee Roasters :) BUT!!! Big but there, but you have beaches and warm weather. We east coasters would love a taste of that. I'd love the perfect mix....week in the south, week in the north.

Unknown said...

Yes, and we LOVE the beach, just haven't been in quite a while. We need to make a trip soon....and I'll be just in love with it all over again. I miss the canals too, and my favorite ice cream shop in Pittsford. And always my favorite people....even though one is a transplant to NJ now. ;)