Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Passing on to the other side

Today Karl and I had a funeral to go to, on his side of the family. A brother to Karl's grandpa passed on and since we were here we wanted to attend the service. It was very nice. Much of the family was there, and the youngest sister spoke fondly of her brother. I love to hear her speak. This brother (I did not really know him, though I have met him at family gatherings a few times years ago) was number 8 of 17. There are only 4 left here on earth now. The rest are celebrating with their mother and father, and all the other Saints, in heaven today. They are living with Jesus. What a beautiful picture! Though the family will miss him immensely, I know they realize he is rejoicing where he is, and I pray that they will have peace in the knowing.

No comments: