Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My mama is amazing....

I have been watching The Biggest Loser for many seasons. I don't even know how long it's been on...but I've been into it since the very beginning. Each season I am amazed as I watch the contestants lose weight.....and I LOVE the finale, where I get to see them completely transformed, inside and out. But none of them amaze me the way my mama does.

My mama is amazing! She has been on a weight loss journey all her life. She's lost, then gained......lost, then gained. But about 2.5 years ago, something changed. She began again, and has lost about 100 pounds. She is now within 10 pounds of her goal weight! The difference in how she looks is amazing, no doubt. But the difference in her voice, her activities, her happiness is even more amazing. I am so excited when I call her each week to hear all of the things she has been doing. At one point she had stopped driving, was using a walker, could not do much for herself at all, and certainly not without help. Now, she is driving anywhere she likes, she is cooking, cleaning, sewing, doing yard work......these are all things that she used to do when I was a kid. They are true signs that she is healthy and well, inside and out. I am overjoyed to see it, to hear it, and to know that her diabetes is under control. I am amazed at her determination, her willpower, her strength......and I am so proud to call her Mama and friend. I thank God often that she is happy, and healthy, and here with us. I have always known that she could achieve this. The difference is that she has learned that she can achieve it, and that has been the key to her success, I believe. And she didn't even need The Biggest Loser to learn it! I love you, Mama.

No comments: