Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 3, 2008

In the Land of Narnia

Today, we are watching The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe based on the book by C.S. Lewis. We just finished reading The Magician's Nephew this week, and instead of re-reading the second book, we decided to watch the movie. Tonight or tomorrow, we will begin the next book in the series, which is The Horse and His Boy. I realize that these books are all fantastic reads on their own, but I am so glad we are reading them this way. There are things we discovered in the first book (I know they weren't necessarily written in that order!) that help explain some things in the second book; not important to the novel, really, but quite intriguing nonetheless. I am very much a detail person, and I truly enjoy the little non-essential elements in stories, as well as in life! Just ask my dear husband....

We do still have some school left to do; Logan finishing up Math and Hailey with her read-aloud. Corbin; I may do another reading lesson with him. He seems to really enjoy his time with 'just Mommy' and I definitely cherish it; he's growing up so fast, I know he'll be grown before I know it. Just thinking about how much the other two have already grown can get overwhelming! I know it's God's plan for us to raise them for Him, to leave our home some day. Still, I wonder if I'm doing enough. Will they be prepared? Can they face the temptations and make the right choices? I know that sometimes the answer will be no. I pray that I will have taught them enough to understand that they need forgiveness in those instances; from the person offended and God, and that they will be able to learn from their mistakes much better and sooner than I did. I sometimes still take a very long time to learn! But, God is good and faithful to His children. He has always been with me, and has blessed me beyond measure. I'm so very thankful...

I will be attending a meeting with our LEAH group tonight. (that's our homeschool group) They periodically have Chapter Meetings, with a devotional, a student or parent who shares, and speakers on various topics. I'm excited to be going, as I have not attended any but the first one for various reasons. I hope to meet a few people, or at least say hello to some I've met previously. We have met several through the Lego League Logan is involved with, as well as through the ice skating classes Hailey took. We need to have some of them over for dinner so we can get to know them better. Maybe we can do that soon, now that's it's spring. I'll be free to come and go as I please since it won't be snowing. I know, I know...I need to get over that! Maybe it will come with time...and much prayer. :)

I wanted to mention too, we saw the first 'blossom' of the year this week! The kids had gone outside on Tuesday; it had warmed up to about 60 degrees for the day. Hailey soon came running in, saying, "Mommy you have to come outside and see what I found. I have to show you!" I followed her outside, near one of our trees out front, and on the ground amidst the dead leaves, is this bright yellow flower. It had just popped up, and was quite a sight. So, I went back in to get my camera. We'd like to share our discovery with you...it will take some time to transfer the pictures to the computer. So, keep checking back.

Well, the movie is ending, so it's off to do some 'real' school work. Have a great weekend, all!

No comments: