Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring is in the air!

The beautiful weather and warmer temperatures have the kids outside more and more! They are discovering many new blossoms every day; and just to be outside in the grass...it's wonderful. Karl has been playing football (monkey in the middle when Corbin plays!) with them. They have a blast! It's usually when I am indoors making dinner; Karl will come home, then join them in the yard 'til dinner is ready. By the way, we have a bell my mom and dad gave me for Christmas. Daddy hung it by the back door while he was here in February. Now, I just open the door, ring the bell, and they come running for dinner. I got that idea from my dad's sister, my Aunt Lorraine. When I would stay over in Pensacola with my cousin Karen at my aunt's house, we were all over the neighborhood every day. When Aunt Lorraine wanted us home, she rang a bell she had at her back door. It could be heard all over the neighborhood; all the kids knew for whom it was meant and would let us know if we didn't hear it. It was awesome! And now I'm enjoying the benefits of that simple solution to calling your kids in for dinner. I love it! Thanks, Aunt Lorraine; and thanks Mom and Dad for getting me a bell. They are outside right now; school is over for them for today. We'll leave in a bit for the 'Y', so they are enjoying some outdoors time before we leave.

I'm working on making a new chore chart for our family. For quite a while the kids have had assigned chores they must do each day. Though we've had some issues, and they've lost some privileges and allowance due to chores left undone, it's working fairly well. The chart just needs to be updated with my chores, and placed on one large poster board instead of a separate sheet for each family member. I have always had my own chores, but now they will be written down so I can check them off as I go. I'm hoping to get the chart laminated, or use clear contact paper to cover it myself. Then we can check things off each day as chores get done, and erase it at night for the next day. I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend.

Well, I need to go for now. I have to get things together for our walk to the 'Y', and change. I'll post again soon.

No comments: