Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fun with Mac

We got a new computer last weekend, a Mac this time. Karl has played around with it a bit, hence my new Facebook profile picture. ;) Anyway, tonight he was taking different photos of the kids, but there is apparently a feature that allows him to distort the photos. Boy, did they get some funny shots! They've been having a blast with it for the last 30-45 minutes. I love hearing them laughing and enjoying themselves together. Good times...

Today we went to the library...a weekend excursion with Daddy. He doesn't usually get to go with us because we go during the week when he's working, but it was so nice having him there. Partly because it's good to have him around, and partly because it meant he took Emma and I was able to actually look at my leisure and get whatever I wanted without having to keep her from pulling books off the shelves. She's a great baby, but you know they all love to pull things off of shelves! Of course, that meant he had to deal with the book-pulling and didn't really get to look at much himself. But I so appreciate his sacrifice. ;)

Last week after my OB appointment I took my wedding band off. I had noticed it was getting sort of tight and I thought I probably needed to put it away until after the baby . I asked Karl how much I could spend on a gold necklace to put it on so I could still wear it but he told me, "Nothing, I'm gonna buy you one." So, I've been waiting and wondering all week when he was going to get it....patience is not my strong suit. Tonight he ran out to the store for me before dinner because I had forgotten that I needed feta cheese for the dish I was making. When he got back he disappeared upstairs then came back and put a necklace, with my ring attached, around my neck. (Thanks darlin'!) It's pretty, and now I feel complete again. I've been feeling for my ring all week and I felt lost without it. I'm sure it will take a little while for me to realize it's not on my finger, but at least now I won't have to be sad that I can't wear it. And an added bonus is that Emma loves to play with pretty things around my neck, so she's happy too. ;)

No comments: