Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Visit to Perinatologist

During my last OB visit my doctor referred me to a local perinatologist. I have several 'factors' that put me in the high-risk-pregnancy category and she just wanted me to have a consultation with him. We discussed my age (not a big deal), whether I wanted to do any tests for birth defects (no), the fact that I would have an ultrasound, the details from my other pregnancies, and family health history. He recommended that I go ahead and follow the diabetic diet from my last pregnancy (I already am), then we went ahead to the ultrasound room. The tech spent quite some time taking pictures and measuring various body parts of the baby. I was able to watch it all on the 'big screen' they had on the wall, so that was nice. She asked me if I wanted to know "what it is" and of course I said yes....we always find out. Her answer?

"It looks like a girl."

So Hailey is thrilled, and though Karl and I would have been perfectly happy if it were a boy, this will make it easier as far as clothing goes since we have so many of Emma's things stored away. Plus, won't it be great fun to see two little girls so close in age running around together?! I'm very excited! ;)

3 comments:

Kara said...

Awesome!

I'm impressed that you find the time to blog. I haven't blogged in over a year! Facebook has taken over my life! ☺

Brandy said...

wow that's great, they will have fun together!

tara said...

Congratulations! Glad baby is healthy!