Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My exercise regimen...

I've been trying to exercise. My OB recommended I "get a little exercise" to help keep me from gaining weight too quickly. I had stopped at about 8 weeks because I got so tired and was feeling nauseous quite often. I could have started back several week ago but I've just gotten back to it over the last week. I've used the elliptical 3 times so far...my goal is at least 3 days a week. We will also have times where we walk up to the pool and swim for a bit, but that's not a regular thing so I needed to add something else. Once our other 'stuff' gets here from NY I'll have some light weights (1-3 lbs) that I may begin to use as well. It feels good and healthy to be back in the 'workout mode'. I'm taking it easy, nothing too taxing, but just moving my body gives me more energy to face the day. Karl and I actually walked to the restaurant where we were eating on date night...it wasn't too far, and it was really nice to have a "walking date" as he dubbed it.

That's it, nothing more to add at this time.

No comments: