My next appointment is about this time next month, and I will be having my next glucose test at that time...which is when it's normally done. I'm praying that everything will be normal...will you all pray with me? Also, I had begun exercising a couple of weeks before our vacation, and got all kinds of activity while we were away. However, I hurt my knee on Monday and I'm afraid it may keep me from exercising much...which could result in gaining more weight than I should, which could result in a larger baby and therefore a necessary (according to my OB) c-section. So, I need prayer that my knee will heal easily and quickly and that I can resume exercising. While you're at it, prayers for the sale of our home in NY (we have an offer and are supposed to close July 23rd...as long as nothing goes wrong) as well as our search for a new home in the Miami area...we would love to find something roomy enough but not huge, with a pool and a decent yard...within our price range. Not asking too much, are we? ;) But God can find it for us, I'm sure.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
C-section....no more talk, please
So this morning was my OB appointment. I was really hoping I would not have to discuss the c-section with my doctor yet again. No such luck...of course that was one of the first things she asked me about. She already knew that I was hesitant and she seems to understand my reasons. We spoke about it some more...I told her I really don't want to do it....but she knows that my answer is not "absolutely not, no matter what!" She told me she will stop asking because she knows "it's irritating to keep having me ask" and that we can do an ultrasound at 35 weeks to check on the baby's size. We will then go from there. Whew! That's really all I want...just to have the decision pushed off until I'm closer to delivery and we actually have some real evidence that it's needed, or not needed. She's been very nice about the whole thing, I was just getting tired of hearing it. Now, a reprieve....