Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, June 24, 2010

More about our vacation...

Thursday, June 17, was Corbin's 7th birthday. We got up relatively late and Karl and I kind of shared breakfast duties. We made chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes, served with chocolate whipped cream and chocolate syrup for those who desired it...Karl and I stuck with the blueberry pancakes and regular syrup. We ate out on the deck, then it was time to open his presents. I have many pictures to share but I need to have Karl help me add them. For some reason I have not been able to figure out how to do that with my Mac. I'll do a separate post just for birthday photos.

Grandma and Grandpa arrived just after he finished opening his gifts...a BIG surprise for Corbin! He was not expecting to see them until the following evening (we knew but decided not to tell him) so he was thrilled that they were there to share in his special day. After opening his gift from them he and the older siblings were eager to go try out his birthday loot, so they all headed down to the basement (the game room at the cabin) to play. For lunch we had hot dogs cooked on the grill, a favorite of Corbin's, followed by cake and ice cream. His cake was chocolate with chocolate icing (there were chocolate chips in the batter) and he had picked out chocolate ice cream that had marshmallows in it....I made sure to buy some vanilla ice cream because I just could not handle ALL that chocolate, as much as I love it! It was a very chocolate-y day, but it was what my baby boy wanted....

After Emma's nap we all headed down the river for a tubing trip. Once we returned it was time to make dinner...spaghetti and meatballs, another of Corbin's favorites. Karl actually grilled the meatballs and they turned out delicious! Add a salad and some french bread and we were set.

We spent the evening playing with the kids downstairs. We allowed Corbin to stay up until his birth-time....10:07 p.m. I whispered the Happy Birthday tunes in his ear at that exact time (which I think he loved!) then we tucked all of them into bed.

It was a great day, and I'm so glad he got his wish and was able to spend his birthday week at the cabin. He's 7 now, I can't believe it. I was planning to write his birth story here on his birthday, but that didn't happen. Maybe one of these days I can get to it...he's such a miracle baby. God definitely had His hand in every detail of his creation and birth, and he's a very special boy.

I'll try to share more details soon about the last two days of our stay there.

No comments: