Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Encouragement from others

Some encouraging verses and words I've read this week....I'm claiming these for myself to build me up, even when others may tear me down.

"You are a victorious overcomer, completely capable by God's Spirit within you to stand against the attacks of the enemy. Don't allow his vicious barking to cause you to run for cover. Arm yourself for battle, meet him on the field of play, and trust the Lord for your deliverance from your already-beaten foe."
Priscilla Shirer

Psalm 25:15
My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Exodus 23:22
If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you.

Romans 8:38-39

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: