Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Events of the day

Just a quick post today.

It's Tuesday, so we made our regular trip to the library. Before that, though, we dropped some things off at Goodwill then went inside to look around. I was hoping to find a playpen and a changing pad for our changing table (ours is cracked and ragged) but no luck with either. I'm planning to have a second playpen so when we're away from home we can use one for sleeping and the other for playpen-time....plus, I guess we'll need the second for the second baby, once she's here, for our vacation times. We did find some other good deals, though. The kids wanted to get a bag of stuffed animals. They were only $4.99 so I got them. There were 5 Webkinz in the bag...with a grand total of 53 animals. Some for everyone, even Emma and the baby. We also came away with some board books for Emma and a sign for my kitchen which reads

Menu Today:
Take it or Leave it

There was also a crib, which we'll need, for about $50 but I didn't get it because I need Karl to go with me to make sure all the parts work...plus there was no room in the truck with all of the kids inside. He'll have to take his truck up there if we decide to get it. There is a mattress included, but we won't use that...we'll get a new one from Target or somewhere.

After the library we got some lunch to take home. Emma has been napping since she ate, so I need to go get her up now. It will be sandwiches for dinner.

I hurt my knee somehow while squatting down to check the price on all those stuffed animals. It felt like I hurt a ligament or tendon. It's better but still hurts if I bend it too much. I'll visit a doctor if it's not better in a few days. I just can't figure out how I hurt it doing something I do numerous times a day every day...I've been resting this afternoon with a pillow under it. Maybe it will help.

No comments: