Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, June 4, 2010

A super-mom ;)

Today we went to Target to pick up a few things. When we went out yesterday, I neglected to get anything to serve for dinner tonight or for the next few nights. As we were checking out Emma starting fussing and crying, and I noticed she had gotten her arm stuck in the back of the seat. After tugging on it and realizing it wasn't going to come out that way, I dug in my purse for my lotion. I greased up her arm, gave it a pull, and it came right out. This all took about 30 seconds. Hailey came up and said, "Mommy to the rescue...you're Supermom!" I find this hilarious because it's not the first time I have had to do this with one of my children...though it is the first time the grocery cart has been involved. I told them, "I had to do it with all of you at one time or other." They were so amazed that I knew just what to do, and it makes me smile. The first time Logan got his knee stuck I panicked, called Karl, he came home from work (which thankfully was only about 5 min. away), and I had thought of the lotion by then (or maybe it was butter?). So now, I do know what to do when that happens, and I'm so glad I had a little lotion in my purse. So what appears to be Supermom to them is really just experience. ;)

No comments: