Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another day in the hospital...

We arrived at the hospital at 8 a.m. this morning. Emma was just waking and ready to eat. She did great at this feeding, nursing well, and was content when I took her back in to be placed under the lights. She settled in nicely and is sleeping now.

I will be hanging out at the hospital today, while Karl heads back home to rest and help my parents with the kids. He is feeling a bit under the weather so we thought it best that he not hang out here today, both for the babies in the nursery and for himself...he'll be more comfortable at home. The nurses will take another blood sample to test at 2 p.m. Emma's most recent numbers were 13.1 and 13 so they are decreasing but not at a quick rate. After we get the next number back the nurses will speak with our pediatrician and find out what he wants to do next. At this point it looks like it will be another night before she is released, but no one has said that...we don't really know. It certainly won't be before late tonight. I want her home so much, but I would much rather have her stay again and be more sure she won't have to come back than take her home today and end up right back here in a day or two. Her color is definitely better, so that's wonderful.

My parents have been a great help, staying with the kids so we can be here. It would be so much more difficult if they had not driven up to be with us...I'm so thankful that it was possible for them to do that. My mom has been cooking and trying to at least maintain the laundry...a daunting task in our household! I feel terrible that they have not had a lot of time to spend with Emma, but I know they'll take advantage of that once she's home again. :)

I will be back later today to post about what comes next.

No comments: