Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Routine..

I don't have anything exciting to share right now. We've been staying home as much as possible in order to get Emma's schedule straightened out. She's done great, but going to the doctor daily was beginning to interfere! We have her on a schedule...considering the context of each situation of course...feeding her every 2.5 to 3 hours. This will help regulate her metabolism and my milk supply. I think we are on our way...sometimes it doesn't go the way I plan but for the most part it's going very well. She only wakes up once during the night right now, and I hope that continues. It's so nice to get 5 hours of sleep at a stretch...even if it doesn't last I'm enjoying it right now. It takes me no time to get to sleep these days. Having a newborn is exhausting I guess, even when she's happy and content!

We are planning to start back up with school on Monday. I'll have to work with our schedule a bit to see what's going to work. The kids will still be able to get their independent stuff done in the mornings...and we'll have to do the part I'm involved with whenever Emma is sleeping. I could do some of our reading when she's up too, it really just depends on each day's situation.

I am hoping we can get some more pictures of Emma this weekend. Karl is getting ready for another trip soon, so we'll have to spend some time preparing for that. I need to have him remind me how to transfer the pics from the camera to the computer, then maybe I can post some pictures while he's gone. Otherwise, there will be no new ones until he returns. :}

A friend of mine here has coordinated meal preparation for us, and I have to say it's wonderful! It's so nice to know I have a meal coming every other day for a little while. Then I can plan for leftovers, sandwiches, or to prepare a meal on the opposing days. It relieves some of the stress because sometimes I am feeding Emma when I would normally be cooking, it helps that we don't have to have as many groceries right now...it's great and I so appreciate everyone who is helping us. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Not much else to share right now...I'll be back when I have something new.

No comments: