Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

more baby news...

Not a lot to report yet...I was approved to stay one more night since Emma is so I can feed her through the night and into tomorrow...

There will be another blood test at 9 p.m. to see what the level is, but the last one was at 9.9...lower than the previous #. At some point they will turn the lights off and do another test after going without them to see what happens. The hope is that the number does not increase, but continues to decrease...this will help determine whether she stays yet another day or goes home tomorrow. We still don't know if the lights will be turned off tonight or tomorrow; hope to find that out when they give us the new # tonight.

I am visiting the special care unit every 3 hours to feed her and spend a little time holding her, however, they only let her stay out from under the lights for 30 minutes at a time to maximize the time she does have to be under the lights. It's certainly not as nice as having her in the room with me, but I'm glad she' doing so well. I can definitely see a big difference in her coloring now. That's about all I have...will put up more information as I get it.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

SO glad you can stay Wendy!
I prayed about that. It is horrid to be separated, but this will pass soon and she can come home for "happily ever after."