Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A beautiful morning...

It has become a regular thing for me to wake up around 6:30 every day. So, instead of fighting it, I usually get up and get my day started. Most days, I get to see the sun rise and it's a beautiful reminder of my Creator. While eating breakfast I will catch up on all of my cyber-things....Facebook, message boards, email. But one of the main things I've been trying to do is pray. I've kind of always been one to pray off and on throughout the day, but this is something that I'm really trying to focus on. Starting my day by saying, "Good morning, Lord." instead of "Good Lord, it's morning!" is important. (our pastor spoke on exactly that this weekend)It helps me to get a right heart and a great start to the day. I still have much work to do...God has not perfected me yet. Many days I get a good start and do not finish well. My goal is to be able to rely fully on Him for every moment....making those choices that are best, that He would have me do....in what I say, what I do, my attitude.

We've really been enjoying our church, and learning so much. I'm so thankful that we've been able to attend and be a part of the growth and learning that's taking place. The kids love it too...which is a HUGE thing. They've always enjoyed church, but it's so nice to hear them talking about what they're learning and who they're meeting, and having a desire to get involved with some of the activities there.

No comments: