Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 27, 2010

Some 'me' time...

I love being up in the morning before everyone else (well, I DO wish I could sleep in)...listening to the pattering (stomping!) feet above me, as they all get up, one by one, and begin their day. I sit and eat my breakfast, read the blogs I regularly visit, check my email, and pray. It's kind of peaceful, and it's my 'me' time. I don't set the alarm so this doesn't happen every day, but I'm learning to cherish the days I awaken early and can't go back to sleep.

Today I have another OB appointment. I'm going weekly at this point, though it has been 10 days since I saw her last. It's supposed to be once a week. We will discuss my ultrasound results, c-section possibilities I'm sure, and just general pregnancy things. I'm planning to ask her about the logistics of the c-section, if I end up having one. Since I've never gone that route I know nothing about what happens, only what I've read. I expect it to just be a normal visit.

My parents are planning on coming to be here when I have the baby...hopefully they'll make it before her arrival. If not, I'm looking forward to having them here afterwards to visit. We have not seen them since April, which is a long time for us. We typically see them every 3 months or so, but I cancelled our trip 'home' over the summer due to difficulty traveling long distances. We were really bummed....and my parents had already planned to go out to CA to see my brother and his family for several weeks, so they weren't able to come here beforehand. Anyway, I'm excited about their coming visit, as are the kids. It will be nice to have extra helping hands as well as getting in the bonding time with everyone. ;) And I think, as long as things go well with me and the baby, that we will probably go to Alabama for a visit during the Christmas holidays. We're looking forward to seeing extended family then and introducing the newest addition

Well, my breakfast is done and my time is about up. I have to go get Emma up, feed her, give assignments to the kids, and get ready to go. I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments: