Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, September 27, 2010

Update from Dr. visit...

Okay, after a loooonnngg wait at the office his morning I am finally back. Everything with the baby looks fine...I am dilated 1cm. Her heart rate is good, my blood pressure and weight are good (only gained 1 lb), but I am going to be having a c-section. After seeing the perinatologist last week and then talking with my OB this morning, we decided it is best. The baby is measuring at 7 lbs, but more than that her abdominal measurements are about two weeks ahead of where I actually am, so that is an indicator that shoulder dystocia could again be a problem. Not only would that be a nightmare for Karl and I (no desire to experience that again) it is a physician's nightmare as well. We want a nice, peaceful delivery....Obviously, there are risks with any type of delivery, but I am trusting in my God to see us through. I admit I am a bit fearful, just because it is unknown territory for me. But, I do also trust my doctors and I know things will be fine. Now, if we can just make sure Karl is here (and not in Miami!) when I need to go to the hospital, my worries will be minimal. ;}

1 comment:

mimi said...

Praying for a smooth and peaceful delivery!!! My sister in law is scheduled for a c-section for this Friday.
Thinking of you!!!!