Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Back to Business

Ok, still behind on my posting, so let's continue catching up…
Sunday fun is over so, on Monday, time to go into the office. I was told that our bags arrived at the hotel last night and were picked up by the delivery service at 10:pm. Unfortunately, they don't deliver until some undisclosed time on Monday. Big help. Thanks. So I'm leading off the day giving the corporate overview to Foreign customers that I had just met in 3 day old clothes, essentially jeans and a t-shirt. Nice.

They didn't seem to mind, or if they did they didn't let on about it. This was my first time giving this presentation. Luckily nobody was really listening to me anyway. Most of the customers speak little or no English, so I used our dealer, Laurentiu, to translate. Because of his years of experience as a coms officer in the Romanian military and subsequent experience as our dealer, he is more familiar than I am with both our equipment and our customer needs. So I would say like 3 sentences and he would "interpret" for like 3 minutes. All I really had to do was advance the slides and tell him the high points that I wanted to be covered. Awesome.

Near the middle of the workday we got notification that our bags arrived at the hotel. Double awesome. Time for a shower and some clean clothes before dinner.

No comments: