Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 25, 2008

Family Time

Mom and Dad have been here for 8 days and 9 nights already! It doesn't seem like it's been that long, and they will only be here through Saturday night, now. Their plane leaves Rochester early Sunday morning. I'm so glad that they've gotten a chance to come visit us, to see the snow, and just spend time with the family; talking and playing games, etc. We will miss them so much when they leave, I know! Thanks to everyone who's been taking care of things for them at home.

Saturday morning Karl offered to drive us all around so we could let Mom and Dad see some of the area. We wanted them to get a look at some of the farms and the houses here. The city of Rochester will have to wait until their next visit, though they did get a quick glimpse of some of the taller buildings in the distance. I think Mom, especially, liked seeing so much snow. Even though there were only a couple of inches on the ground in most places, it's more than she's ever seen before. I'm glad they got to experience it.

Karl left here late Saturday afternoon with his co-worker. They arrived in London Sunday morning, without their bags! The flight from Rochester was delayed, resulting in a late arrival in Newark and a mad dash to their connecting flight. Karl tells me they let them board the plane, but had already removed their luggage from the plane and would not delay any further to re-load them. They were supposed to get them late last night, but I'm not sure if it actually happened. If they did not arrive, then Karl gave his presentation in jeans and a nice Henley-looking very handsome but not necessarily proper business attire! :) Not to mention that these are the clothes he left Rochester in on Saturday. I'll have to ask him how that all turned out when I talk to him today. He's hoping to have time to post a few comments and some pictures, so stay tuned to our 'channel' for more information.

We have no big plans today....I have to get the kids signed up for their swim lessons, and I also need to send in paperwork for their baseball teams in the spring. I'm sure there's laundry to be done and bathrooms to be cleaned. And, I want to play a game of Boggle with Mom! Wish some of you were here to play with us. :)

Well, that's all I have for now. Take care, and I'll blog again soon.

No comments: