Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, February 22, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Well, we all woke up this morning to a Winter Wonderland. The trees carry snow on their branches and the ground is covered. It's simply beautiful! It continued to snow until about 11:00 a.m. or so. Mom was excited to see it falling and to finally see a 'real' snow. Dad has been shoveling our driveway each day, and I can tell you we (especially Karl) will miss that when they go home! I think, even as cold as it is, Dad has enjoyed experiencing the snow and doing the different kind of work that is required here. :) The kids have been able to get out and play again, since it's powdery now, instead of slushy. Maybe we can get out sledding again before long; we'll post more pictures of that if we do.

Mom and Dad have volunteered to let Karl and I have a 'date' tonight. I think we may go to Macaroni Grill for dinner. This is an Italian place that we had enjoyed occasionally when we lived in Florida-there's one in Orlando. I think we went once to the one in Montgomery when we lived in Auburn. They have delicious seasoned bread, served with olive oil. For the entree, there are so many choices. My usual and favorite order is Chicken Scallopine, minus the mushrooms. It's served in a lemon-butter sauce with prosciutto and capers. It also includes artichokes, which I hink are delicious. Karl has several dishes that he likes, but I think his stand-by is Sausage and Peppers with pasta. I can't remember the name of our typical dessert choice, but it's a pastry with chocolate, peanuts, and ice cream. The Macaroni Grill is a great place to dine if you're a fan of Italian food. We may go to a movie or bowling after, but we haven't decided yet.

Well, I need to prepare lunch for all of us. I may post more later; if not you'll know that we're just spending our day enjoying the snow together. Have a great weekend, ya'll! :)

No comments: