Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Windsor Castle


After lunch we toured Windsor Castle. A very cool place. The interior was what I was most impressed with, but unfortunately photography was not allowed. Fortunately the outside was pretty cool as well.
D'oh! Blogger restricts number of pictures per post, so here's a link with a few nice ones as well as some historical details.

Perhaps you can go online and find some interior pics too.

I'm told by the little old lady that walked past me as I took this shot that this is the most popular car in the entire castle. Apparently every tourist that sees it takes a picture. Although it looks like a slugbug, I'm told it isn't... Do you know what it is?

My view as I approached the castle

A nice little Garden Just inside the Castle Wall


Many people think that if the Union Jack is flying over a residence that means the Queen is present. Not true. She uses the Royal Standard or, in some cases, her Personal Standard. No she wasn't home when I toured. This was pulled from the web. I just wanted to know what it looked like so I thought you might as well.




I thought this was a pretty interesting perspective of St. George's Chapel, also inside the castle walls.

No comments: