Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A 'Warm Spell'



Well, I have to say it wasn't much of a 'winter storm'; not for us anyway! There was some rain, sleet and a bit of snow on Friday, and it all made for nasty driving conditions, but the kids and I stayed snug in the house. Karl did have to drive to work, but he made it there and back safely. It was still cold and slushy over the weekend, but Monday brought us warmer temperatures. And today the high was about 50 degrees- we didn't even need coats. :) So, the snow is mostly melted, and the kids are celebrating because they should be able to go to Camp Arrowhead tomorrow.

We did not get to visit that church I mentioned. We were supposed to go again on Sunday, but Logan woke up with a temperature so we listened to the service on-line instead. Isn't technology great?! I have to admit, it was difficult to concentrate when the sermon was punctuated every 10-20 seconds with Corbin's shooting sounds from his space ship but we at least got to get 'fed'. I really like the preacher there, and I expect that we will still go for our second visit as soon as we can. Karl had been sick all week last week; I don't know if Logan's illness is related to his or not. I'm just praying that I don't get sick- the other kids either. So far, so good.

Hailey had her ice skating lesson today. I spend most of my time sitting with Corbin, reading to him or practicing his letters, etc. But I do get to catch a glance of her now and then. She seems to be doing well. I noticed today that she and one other child were several feet in front of the other kids during one of their skates across the rink. I think that's an indication that she's doing well, but I may be biased. :)

Logan has had his glasses for a week, now. He has only had one headache (this is something we were dealing with before he got glasses-trying to figure out the cause). I don't know if the reduction is due to the glasses, but I'm thankful nonetheless. Suffering from migraines myself, I have much sympathy for anyone with a headache! Now we just have to get him into the habit of putting them first thing every morning. It took some time with Hailey, lots of reminders, but I know he'll get there.

Karl and I are constantly amazed at the energy Corbin has! Maybe it's because we're older now and WE have less of it so it just SEEMS that he has more than the other kids did, I'm not sure. But he is always moving-running everywhere- and he's so joyful. He's a good boy. He does have his weaknesses, things he has to work on, but he's mostly obedient. However, even when he's not, it's done so joyfully! He always has a smile on his face and is quick to laugh. I love it. He brings joy every day-they all do.

We have a trip coming up at the end of this month, actually Karl does. He has the opportunity to go to London for a week with work; on from there to Romania for a second week. He has never been out of the country, except when we went on the cruises we've taken together. So I think he's excited about this trip. He says he feels guilty leaving me here, that I can't go. I do wish I could go, it would be a great experience. But I'm glad that he will get to do this. If he can he may post some pictures and blog a little while there. It really depends on what he's doing, if he has time. So make sure to come back and check for pictures. The kids and I will be fully stocked and ready to stay put if the weather is bad; but we will take full advantage of any good weather, too. Please keep all of us in your prayers, that we'll be safe and happy during Karl's absence and that he will be successful in his business dealings.

Well, that's all I have for now. I'll try to blog some more tomorrow or Thursday. Have a super week!

No comments: