Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Big Ben and Parliament House

You know how sometimes you hear of a place or an object that is a must see experience, then see a photograph and wonder what all the fuss is about. For me this was one of those places. I’ve seen countless pictures of the London Clock Tower, often referred to as Big Ben, and thought that it seemed cool and that was pretty much the end of it. I didn’t realize it was actually part of the Parliament Building that sits on the bank of the River Thames. Holy Smokes this place is unbelievable! These are some of the pictures I took. Believe me, they don’t begin to capture the beauty and enormity of this structure.


A shot of Victoria Tower from the Grounds below.

This was taken from the gardens to the south of the Parliament building

The ubiquitous "I was here" photo taken from the Westminster Bridge over the Thames.

No comments: