Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 24, 2008

Lego Logistics

I believe I've mentioned before how into Legos both Logan and Corbin are. Logan has been a member of the Lego Club, he participated in a Lego League here in New York in the fall, and he now receives the Lego Magazine. He received his magazine for March sometime last week. As he was reading through it, he discovered that Lego is having a contest. He has to build 'something' with Legos, take a picture to send in, and also write an essay about what his 'thing' does, etc. This is right up his alley! So, he built this large, detailed ship on Friday and it looks great. Friday evening after Karl had returned home from work and we had already eaten dinner, I asked Logan if he had showed Dad his ship. He had, but this got he and Corbin back on the Lego topic. Logan began to discuss his essay and what he is going to write. I was in the kitchen washing dishes, and Karl was drying; Corbin comes to me with a sheet of paper talking of how he wants to write an essay too, and I can help him. I begin to explain to him that he's really not old enough to write an essay yet and that it has to be something he has written...when he comes out with, "Yes I can. I can write an 'S' and a 'A'." He was so serious and very, very cute. I just love those little moments!


We had to take a picture of Corbin's Lego ship, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.amyhughes.org/lego/church/

Wendy,

I found this site searching for songs for my Wed. night class...it is a church made with legos. They even show how it was made!! Thought your kids might like it!

Brandy