Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cold and Cloudy

I know..it seems as if all I ever "talk" about is the weather! But, I just can't get over the way things change around here. My last post was about having warm weather. The very next day it was back in the 30's, which is still nice compared to 10 degrees. :) Although a lot of the snow had melted due to the sun and the warmer weather, last night brought freezing rain and snow, about 2 inches I think. It's overcast and there are icicles everywhere; hanging from the roof of the house, on the car, on the mailbox, etc. The trees are once again covered, and I love to look at them.

Hailey is still recovering from her cold, though her fever seems to be gone for now. She is still feeling weak and doesn't want to eat much. I am trying to make sure she is staying hydrated and getting lots of rest. She will have several days of school work to catch up on when she's better! I hope she's the last of the sick ones and it doesn't make the rounds again. :(

I have great news today: Karl is coming home two days early. He informed me by telephone yesterday that their business in Romania was finished, and they were leaving at 4 a.m. this morning. Yeah!! I'm so glad he's coming home. He is at Dulles Airport now waiting for the last leg of his flight. He should be here around 7:30 p.m. I know he's glad to be back in the country; looking forward to home-cooked food and his own bed!

Well, I need to prepare dinner and make sure the house isn't too messy. I'll be back later this week.

No comments: