Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Off to the Airport

Mom and Dad are in the Sedan Service's car on their way to the airport. (Again, I do not drive in the snow, and we thought it best to plan ahead for transportation so as to avoid stress all around!) I woke them up at 5:30 a.m. for a 6:15 a.m. pick-up. They ate breakfast, and the car was early, so we got them off a bit ahead of schedule. However, when I came back in I thought to check to make sure Mom took her insulin, etc. with her. Alas, she did not! So, I called the service and they sent the car back around to pick that up. Even after the detour back here, they were on the road again by 6:20 a.m., which is still on schedule. Now, we are just waiting to hear when they get home, and how things went. Hopefully all of the airport/airlines staff will be helpful and kind, as Mom has a bit of difficulty getting around. She and Dad both said everyone was really nice on their flight here, so I'm sure things will be fine on the way back.

In other news, Karl is now in flight to Romania. He will land this afternoon and spend the next 4 business days there, in meetings, I think. He is hoping to post some pictures if possible, but he isn't sure what kind of time he will have for that. I have really enjoyed his pictures and commentary on England, and I hope you all have, too. We are managing without him here, but we miss him very much and can't wait to see him next weekend. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we wait for his arrival! :)

Well, it's early here, and I can think of nothing else of interest to write about. I don't think my brain works very well before 7:00 a.m. More later...

No comments: