Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 17, 2008

For Narnia!

Okay, some of you who read this blog know that several weeks ago I posted about our goal of reading The Magician's Nephew, The Horse and His Boy, and Prince Caspian, before the movie Prince Caspian came out May 16, 2008. Well, we did it! This week we finished up The Horse and His boy, and Thursday night and Friday we sped through the entire book Prince Caspian. It was a lot to read in that short period of time, and my voice was hoarse by the time I finished on Friday evening, but I'm so glad we did it. The kids really didn't care beforehand if we read them or not...they just wanted to see the movie. But now, I think they are glad to have had the background information that you don't have if you didn't read the book ahead of time. I think they appreciate that; I know I do! It was so much more enjoyable for me. It's a great movie, and I recommend it to anyone...but you should read the book FIRST.

We also attended the Lilac Festival today. It was enjoyable...we saw some very neat jewelry, among other interesting things. And Karl bought me some pretty earrings, with dried Queen Anne's Lace inside. The flowers were pretty and smelled divine. However, the rides and games portion (for the kiddies) was ridiculously overpriced and our kids did not really get to do much. Logan and Corbin did ride the slide for $1.00 each, and they had fun with that. It was a rainy morning too, we were leaving just as it started raining more heavily. I'm glad we went, though, because now we know what it's all about. We actually met an older couple there who are from Alabama; he works for BellSouth, traveling a lot. He's here in Rochester for work. So that was fun; it's been a while since we've heard true southern voices, our families not included. :)

Well, I have to check on dinner. Everyone have a nice weekend!

No comments: