Pages

Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires...courage.
-
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day and other news

We're closing in on the end of our school year here. Both kids have something less than 6 weeks worth of work left; much less in some subjects, like Math. In that case, we will just move right into our next text. I'm glad we're almost done. We've had fun, but I'm ready to switch gears for next school year and our new curriculum.

Yesterday was a nice Mother's Day for me. I was greeted by the kids first thing in the morning with gifts and hugs. I now have a great collection of shells, rocks, and clay sculptures, along with beautiful homemade cards! :) We went to church, then Karl took us all out to one of my favorite restaurants, The Cheesecake Factory. The food was good...and the cake we all shared for dessert was delicious! The kids had never been, so they really enjoyed the new place. We went to Barnes & Noble and shopped a bit, then came home. When dinner-time rolled around we ate in the living room and watched a family movie. After the kids were snugly tucked in, Karl and I enjoyed sharing another piece of cheesecake while watching the Survivor finale. We always like to have a nice snack while we watch all those folks hunt and gather...

Karl's gift to me was on a grander scale. He is paying for me and the kids to fly out to California in two weeks to visit my brother and his family. My parents are out there now in their RV, and will still be there when we arrive. After the kids and I have had several days to visit, we will pack into the RV with my parents and drive across the country to New York. They were planning to travel here after their visit in CA anyway, and they said we could come along. I'm very excited about this! We plan to stop along the way and see some sights...I'm not sure what yet. I've never traveled this way before, nor have the kids. We do plan to bring school work with us because, even though we'll have some days of adventure, many days will be spent in the RV driving. This will give us the opportunity to move ahead in some things, I'm sure, which is very appealing to me. It will be nice to spend some more time with my parents, too. I hope they can still stand us by the time we arrive back in New York. They may have to hide in their RV a few days before communicating with us again! :)

In other news, Karl will be ending his rotation in this particular department a bit early. His schedule has been changed, and he will spend 5 weeks working in the International Sales department, which may possibly involve some travel to Europe again. We're not sure about that yet, but he's excited at the prospect. He would be gone during the time that we are in CA, so it won't affect us much, except for working out phone calls with him! We'd be missing him anyway since we're gonna be gone...now he'll have something extra to keep him busy, too.

That's all I really have for today. I'll try to get back in a few days and share some more.

No comments: